Use your voice and vote in the General Election on November 3, 2020. Now more than ever, your voice needs to be heard! In the last election, less than 25% of registered voters in Lorain County participated in the election process. The most effective way to peacefully protest and protect your rights, is to vote. You can be prepared by doing the following:
- Become familiar with the candidates and issues.
- Vote early, if possible. Early voting is currently in process.
- Send in your absentee ballot early. Absentee ballots must to be post-marked by November 2, 2020. Note: The terms "Mail-in" and "Absentee" voting are the same.
- Encourage your family members, friends and neighbors to vote. Provide transportation to the Board of Elections or polls, for others, if necessary.
- Take a valid form of I.D. when you vote. Polls are open on General Election Day (November 3, 2020) from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Voter I.D. Requirements:
- An original or copy of following current documents that shows your name and current address:
- A government I.D. with your name, current address, and photo. Note that neither a student I.D. nor a passport is acceptable.
- A U.S. Military I.D. with your name and photo (address not required).
- A driver's license or state I.D. card with your name and photo, issued by the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles. The card must be current (not expired), but can have an old address.
- utility bill (including cell phone bill)
- bank statement
- pay stub
- government check
- other government document.
*If you do not have any of the above, you may use the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. You will have to vote a provisional ballot, but it will be counted as long as the number matches your voter registration. Be sure to complete all fields on the provisional ballot form.
*Please refer to the Lorain County Board of Elections website at: www.loraincountyelections.us/ for voter and election information.
The Lorain County Board of Elections is located at:
1985 North Ridge Rd. East
Lorain, OH 44055
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Additional Office Hours:
- Saturday 10/31 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday 11/1 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Monday 11/2 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Drop Box Information
Ohio Secretary of State permits one secure drop box per county for the return of completed Absentee Ballot Request forms and Voted Absentee Ballots. Lorain County's drop box is located just off of the parking lot on the north side of the Board of Elections building located at 1985 North Ridge Road East - Lorain, OH 44055. The drop box is available 24/7 and is monitored by video surveillance.